sexta-feira, 13 de dezembro de 2013

Final Self-Reflection

            This final project was an incredible tool for me to increase my abilities in self-reflection. My choice – donkeys – was, primarily, out of the blue, trying to pick a domestic animal that is not really common in urban areas – where most of people live nowadays. Despite of searching a lot of subjects, this really helped me in improving my capacity in researching, exploring different articles, websites, news, historical texts, scientific data, etc. I have found novel information that I would never discover if it wasn’t for this project and what it requires.
            I finally realized that donkeys are, indeed, terrific animals, what just emphasizes my original though regarding animals in general: each creature is very special, each of them has its unique features that we, humans, don’t.
            My thoughts in respect to animals have certainly strengthened with all the classes of this course. One of the main impacts I have had was that I do share my moral points of view with many other people, and that these issues are just more complex than I originally thought. Traditions, cultures, all social perceptions must be carefully studied, analyzed and, then, we can extract our own conclusions, which may not be definitive – and they mustn’t. One class that really exemplifies this was the one about “Pet Loss and Owner Grief”, in which religion, beliefs and moral are involved. Respect may be the keyword for the entire course and, why not, for our lives.

            I also realized that these aforementioned social variables can be extremely strong among peoples or inside a person’s mind. Thence, there is no right or wrong that can be imposed to other, but rather opportunities to study more, gather information and mount our self-reflection. 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário